Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Stuck in Reverse


It was a fine Tuesday morning and as usual I sent Tutu to school and started my morning cycling . After couple of rounds, abruptly I could feel myself sort of flying in the air and in split of a second everything came crashing down. I was right there lying on the ground with the cycle flying and landing on top of me.

Few hours later, I was with around ten stitches on my forehead and multiple bruises back home . I must add that i was secretly excited because it was my first solo live accident and that too with some stitches. Took the week off and was taking some rest when I ran into some old mails which I had never managed to check for years. Some were ten years old..and then I noticed one that was sent sometime in 2010 with an mp3 attachment. I opened it. It was not a virus. It was something even better.

At this moment , I must take a step back and let my readers know that I am bit of a foolishly emotional person. I have often seen bollywood movies with heros singing romantic songs to heroins and always wondered if something of that sort ever happened in real life. Though I always wanted to sing like that for someone, I never ran into that opportunity till now. But my spine has always chilled with the idea of someone singing for me and I can totally forgive anyone who cannot remotely comprehend this idea. Brains are not made equal. I agree that some were made with better care :) (like that of the author of this blog).

So, there the attachment opened and I was listening to this nice guitar piece followed by a male voice singing a very beautiful song and the lyrics went:


When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
 
When the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

High up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
If you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And for those who are clueless to which song this is , it's Fix you by Cold Play and the original version can be found at youtube. But what I was listening to was not the original version. It wasn't recorded well..but it was sung well with a lot of passion and pain...exactly like what I had dreamed of and the guitar piece was awesome.

 To have learned that I opened it 7 years late was just shameful. So, to the one who cared to take the pain to sing and send this, you just made my dream come true ! Thank you very much.This blog post is dedicated to your song.

No comments:

Post a Comment